TRAMPLED BY TURTLES and ATMOSPHERE
Bayfront Park (Duluth, MN), ALL AGES
Date: Saturday, June 29, 2013
On Sale: Friday, April 26 at noon CST
A bluegrassy folk and indie-rap mash-up at the most scenic venue in the state? Why not?
A pairing of two different musical worlds will take place on shared home territory June 29 when Trampled by Turtles and Atmosphere co-headline the scenic Bayfront Festival Park in TBT’s hometown of Duluth. While they both get a ton of 89.3 the Current airplay and have played some of the same big festivals around the country, the two bands have pretty distinctive audiences from each other, with Trampled boasting a folky Americana-loving audience and jam-band fans, and Atmosphere pretty well indie-rap fans. Can’t help but wonder what kind of collaboration they might be able to pull off (and yes, that’s a direct challenge to them). Credit goes to First Avenue – which has a long history with each of them – for bringing them together and promoting the show. What a great place for them to stage the pairing, too, arguably the best outdoor venue in the state. [Chris Riemenschneider, 4/22/13]
Doors Open: 5:30PM
Tickets available through etix.
- Guests may bring one factory sealed water bottle or one clear, empty water bottle to the park.
- No coolers (hard or soft sided), outside food, beverages or alcohol may be brought into the park.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased at the event must be consumed within the park.
- No pets are allowed with the exception of registered service dogs.
- No lawn chairs are allowed. Blankets or stadium seats are okay.
For more information, first-avenue.com.